PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Gospel of Christ and in the tradition of Catholicism and under the patronage of Mary Immaculate, we commit ourselves to be a welcoming community of faith, worshipping with generations of believers and serving God in all people.
All Are Welcome! Fr. Carl E. Scherrer
PLAN FOR REOPENING CHURCHES
The Bishops of the Six Dioceses in Illinois have reached an agreement with the Governor on a multi-phase Plan for reopening our churches for the celebration of the sacraments, private prayer, adoration and Mass. There are four guiding principles that undergird the multi-phased Plan:
1. Everything possible should be done to provide people the solace of the Church’s sacramental life in a timely and reasonable way.
2. The current situation in Illinois remains dangerous and fragile.
3. Trust needs to be established that the top priority in any Plan is the safely and wellbeing of people.
4. Each person will need to take personal responsibility for the common good as well as their own safety.
The basics of the plan are:
1. Each parish is to have a Reopening Leadership Team of at least six people to work with the pastor in implementing each phase. The members of the team will be required to complete a training by the way of a webinar on the required measures and phases for reopening. Our Reopening Leadership Team is Fr. Carl, Keith Huels, Karen Lundy, Lizanne Young, MaryBeth Babcock, Jim VonDerHaar & Dave Boser.
2. We will also need additional volunteers to assist the Reopening Leadership Team to assist with various aspects of the reopening: 1) Set-up Team; 2) Greeting Team; and Cleaning Team. All volunteers will be properly trained.
Phase I allows for parishes to reopen for Baptisms, Reconciliation, Weddings and Funerals with a limit of 10 attendees, not to begin before May 30.
Phase IA allows for parishes to reopen for private prayer and adoration with a limit of 10 attendees. (beginning date to be determined)
Phase II allows for reopening for weekday and weekend Masses for larger groups depending upon guidelines from the state and the capacity of the church building. (beginning date to be determined)
Parishes or pastors may not alter the number of allowed worshippers, social distancing, face covering or sanitizing guidelines included as part of this Plan.
Immaculate Conception parish will continue to livestream the celebration of the Eucharist each weekend for those who because of health reasons may not feel comfortable joining us in church for Mass when it reopens (Phase II)
For children in grades K-8
Deadline is June 15th
Parish Mobile App
IC Parish Rosary
ICC HELPING HANDS
As we all hunker down to work through this pandemic, let's remember those parishioners who live alone and fall into the 60+/compromised health category. These are the people we are protecting, but they also need our care in the coming weeks. We can help them in many ways - whether it is a phone call for social interaction, assisting them to watch Mass online, running to the grocery store, etc. Ministry in action!
If you are under age 60 and do not have a compromised health condition, please consider signing up to help with this outreach. We ask volunteers to keep their distance from those they are helping. Keep socializing for phone calls/emails/texts, exchange pick-up and drop-off items on the porch, and practice hand washing/social distancing yourself. Thank you in advance for your generosity! As you sign up, you will be provided with a list of parishioners to contact! Sign Up
- Msgr. Carl E. Scherrer, Pastor
- Keith Huels, Business Manager
- Sheryl Oglesby, Parish Bookkeeper
- Angie Bueltemann, Parish Secretary
- Lizanne Young, Director of Faith Formation
- Karen Lundy, Director of Music
- Mary Beth Babcock, Director of Liturgy
- Hope Wienhoff, PSR Coordinator/Website Administrator
- Mike Kish, Principal of Immaculate Conception School
Prayer Resources from our Diocesan Office of Worship
Sunday Masses for the homebound telecast from the Archdiocese of St. Louis (includes listings for both antenna and cable television, radio and online)
Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows, Belleville - English and Spanish Masses available beginning March 22, 2020
Catholic TV: https://www.catholictv.org
If someone would like to begin the practice of daily prayer, there is an app that provides a new prayer session every day produced by Jesuit Ministries and is based on Ignatian Spirituality. https://pray-as-you-go.org/
Other resources for daily prayer:
“Give Us This Day” is providing free access to their digital edition and their mobile app. For more information go to https://offers.giveusthisday.org/free-resources
Family and Youth Resources
Readings for the week of May 24, 2020
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 27:1, 4, 7-8  / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68:29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [cf. 7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Closed on major holidays & holy days
Sunday 7:00, 9:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Monday-Friday 8:05 a.m.
8:15 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Holy Days
**Sacrament of Reconciliation offered every Saturday 4-4:30 p.m. or anytime by appointment.
Eucharistic Adoration: Each Tuesday after 8:05 am Mass until 10:00 pm
Rosary: Twenty minutes before each Sunday Mass during the months of May and October
Novena Prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus: Every Friday after 8:10 a.m. Mass
Stations of the Cross: Fridays of Lent at 2:15 p.m and 7:00 p.m Church