PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Gospel of Christ and in the tradition of Catholicism and under the patronage of Mary Immaculate, we commit ourselves to be a welcoming community of faith, worshipping with generations of believers and serving God in all people.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Fr. Nick Fleming-Associate Pastor Fr. Carl E. Scherrer-Pastor
If you would like to speak to someone about joining the parish, please call 618-281-5105.
Obituary for Fr. Gary Hogan C.R.
A reception of the body and wake service will be held on Tuesday, June 15th at 2:00 PM at Immaculate Conception Church, 411 Palmer Rd, Columbia, Illinois, 62236. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated following the viewing at 6:00 PM.
A live stream of the service will be available on the ICC Church's YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Qrck7-IpPOOcA9UQ2qRqQ
In lieu of flowers, you are asked to make a donation to Resurrection Seminary in memory of Fr. Gary Hogan, 4252 West Pine Blvd, St. Louis, MO.
Additional services will be held at St. Hedwig Church, 2226 North Hoyne Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60647 with burial at St. Adalbert Catholic Cemetery in Niles, IL.
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on Major Holidays & Holy Days
- Msgr. Carl E. Scherrer, Pastor
- Fr. Nick Fleming, Associate Pastor
- Keith Huels, Business Manager
- Sheryl Oglesby, Parish Bookkeeper
- Angie Bueltemann, Parish Secretary
- Lizanne Young, Director of Faith Formation
- Karen Lundy, Director of Music
- Hope Wienhoff, PSR Coordinator/Website Administrator
- Mike Kish, Principal of Immaculate Conception School
The 2021 Catholic Service and Ministry Appeal
Making Christ Visable in Southern Illinois
PSR Online Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
May 1 - May 31
Theology on Tap Theology on Tap – 6:30 pm Wednesday, June 30 at Stubborn German in Waterloo with featured speaker Bishop Michael McGovern's topic:
"The Church, the Bishops, and
You." Because of the indoor size and capacity, this invitation is only for those
young adults in their 20s and 30s. Please invite your relatives and friends who
might be interested! For more information, call/text or email Fr. Nick Fleming
at 618-974-9184 or [email protected]
Readings for the week of June 20, 2021
- Sunday: Jb 38:1, 8-11 / Ps 107:23-24, 25-26, 28-29, 30-31 [1b] / 2 Cor 5:14-17 / Mk 4:35-41
- Monday: Gn 12:1-9 / Ps 33:12-13, 18-19, 20 and 22  / Mt 7:1-5
- Tuesday: Gn 13:2, 5-18 / Ps 15:2-3a, 3bc-4ab, 5 [1b] / Mt 7:6, 12-14
- Wednesday: Gn 15:1-12, 17-18 / Ps 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 7:15-20
- Thursday: Vigil: Jer 1:4-10 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15, 17 [6b] / 1 Pt 1:8-12 / Lk 1:5-17
- Day: Is 49:1-6 / Ps 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15 [14a] / Acts 13:22-26 / Lk 1:57-66, 80
- Friday: Gn 17:1, 9-10, 15-22 / Ps 128:1-2, 3, 4-5  / Mt 8:1-4
- Saturday: Gn 18:1-15 / Lk 1:46-47, 48-49, 50 and 53, 54-55 [cf. 54b] / Mt 8:5-17
- Next Sunday: Wis 1:13-15; 2:23-24 / Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13 [2a] / 2 Cor 8:7, 9, 13-15 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062821.cfm
- Mk 5: 21-43 or 5:21-24, 35b-43
Parish Mobile App
Stay up to date on important information by downloading our parish app!