PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Gospel of Christ and in the tradition of Catholicism and under the patronage of Mary Immaculate, we commit ourselves to be a welcoming community of faith, worshipping with generations of believers and serving God in all people.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Fr. Nick Fleming-Associate Pastor Fr. Carl E. Scherrer-Pastor
If you would like to speak to someone about joining the parish, please call 618-281-5105.
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on Major Holidays & Holy Days
- Msgr. Carl E. Scherrer, Pastor
- Fr. Nick Fleming, Associate Pastor
- Keith Huels, Business Manager
- Sheryl Oglesby, Parish Bookkeeper
- Angie Bueltemann, Parish Secretary
- Lizanne Young, Director of Faith Formation
- Karen Lundy, Director of Music
- Hope Wienhoff, PSR Coordinator/Website Administrator
- Mike Kish, Principal of Immaculate Conception School
The 2021 Catholic Service and Ministry Appeal
Making Christ Visable in Southern Illinois
We are currently collecting names to be drawn for new School Board and Pastoral Council members on May 15.
What’s involved in serving on the School Board?
Serve as an advisory group to support the Principal and Pastor in developing and implementing school policies.Meet 3rd Tuesday of the month, 3 year term beginning in June
What’s involved in serving on the Pastoral Council?
Serve to recommend policy to the Pastor for parish spiritual, educational and financial matters.
Meet 4th Tuesday of the month, 3 year term beginning in June
Please prayerfully consider placing your name in the discernment box (located in gathering space in the back of Church) for School Board or Pastoral Council. New members will be drawn from the boxes at the end of 5PM Mass on May 15. If you have any questions or want to submit your name via email, you may contact Christine Schorb at 618.660.6463 or [email protected] regarding School Board or Teresa Dorshorst at 314.303.5352 or [email protected] regarding Pastoral Council.
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19
Parish Mobile App
Stay up to date on important information by downloading our parish app!