PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Gospel of Christ and in the tradition of Catholicism and under the patronage of Mary Immaculate, we commit ourselves to be a welcoming community of faith, worshipping with generations of believers and serving God in all people.
All Are Welcome! Fr. Carl E. Scherrer
Text-to-Give is now available at 618-323-3978
We are keeping up with technology! With 97% of smartphone users texting at least once a day, our parish has decided to add the option to give via text. You can text an amount and available fund to Immaculate Conception at 618-323-3978. The text required format is amount_fund name (example: 20 Stewardship. Funds currently available are Stewardship, CEAC, Repairs, Guatemala, SVDP). If an amount and no fund name is entered, the default code is regular weekly stewardship. Your transaction will be processed through the Online Giving account associated with your phone number. If your phone number is not recognized, you can continue without an account, associate your number with an existing account, or create an account. Another option to give on-line is to download the OSV "Online Giving" app to your phone instead of logging into the IC website or app. If you have any questions, please contact the parish office or visit our website. Thanks for your support of Immaculate Conception Parish.
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Closed on major holidays & holy days
Stewardship of Charity Meeting Set for Sunday, February 10.
Let’s Help the Poor!
As part of our Full Stewardship plan, we will hold our annual parish Stewardship of Charity meeting on Sunday, February 10, at 12:30 pm, in the Garden Level. Each year we designate 2% of our previous year’s collections to be given to charities which help the poor. Charities eligible for nomination must serve the poor, their mission and work must be consistent with Catholic moral teaching, and they must be charities not already regularly supported by our parish (for example, through envelopes or special events). Thus far, we have given over $161,000 to charities that our parishioners have chosen. Any parish family attending the event may nominate one charity. Charities nominated in previous years may be nominated again. We like to help as many as possible, so no one charity may receive more than 10% of the fund. Come make a difference for the charity of your choice! If you are unable to attend, ask a friend to come, nominate, and advocate for your favored charity. Please be prepared to provide the name, mailing address, email, and phone number of the charity you are nominating.
Book Fair Is Coming... The ICS Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Garden Level
Jan 30- Feb 3.
Sunday 7:00, 9:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Monday-Friday 8:05 a.m.
(Tuesday-Thursday Mass at ICS on days when school is in session)
8:15 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Holy Days
**Sacrament of Reconciliation offered every Saturday 4-4:30 p.m. or anytime by appointment.
Eucharistic Adoration: Each Tuesday after 8:05 am Mass until 10:00 pm
Rosary: Twenty minutes before each Sunday Mass during the months of May and October
Novena Prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus: Every Friday after 8:10 a.m. Mass
Stations of the Cross: Fridays of Lent at 2:15 p.m. School and 7:00 p.m Church
- Msgr. Carl E. Scherrer, Pastor
- Keith Huels, Business Manager
- Sheryl Oglesby, Parish Bookkeeper
- Angie Bueltemann, Parish Secretary
- Lizanne Young, Director of Faith Formation
- Karen Lundy, Director of Music
- Mary Beth Babcock, Director of Liturgy
- Hope Wienhoff, PSR Coordinator
- Mike Kish, Principal of Immaculate Conception School
**Attention Parents, Grandparents, Coaches & Leaders**Our next Initial Child Protection Class will be held January 29 at 6:00 p.m. in the Garden Level.
Call Angie at 281-5105 to register
Readings for the week of February 17, 2019
- Sunday: Jer 17:5-8 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4, 4, 6 [40:5a] / 1 Cor 15:12, 16-20 / Lk 6:17, 20-26
- Monday: Gn 4:1-15, 25 / Ps 50:1 and 8, 16bc-17, 20-21 [14a] / Mk 8:11-13
- Tuesday: Gn 6:5-8; 7:1-5, 10 / Ps 29:1a and 2, 3ac-4, 3b and 9c-10 [11b] / Mk 8:14-21
- Wednesday: Gn 8:6-13, 20-22 / Ps 116:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 [17a] / Mk 8:22-26
- Thursday: Gn 9:1-13 / Ps 102:16-18, 19-21, 29 and 22-23 [20b] / Mk 8:27-33
- Friday: 1 Pt 5:1-4 / Ps 23:1-3a, 4, 5, 6  / Mt 16:13-19
- Saturday: Heb 11:1-7 / Ps 145:2-3, 4-5, 10-11 [cf. 1] / Mk 9:2-13
- Next Sunday: 1 Sm 26:2, 7-9, 12-13, 22-23 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10, 12-13 [8a] / 1 Cor 15:45-49 / Lk 6:27-38