PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Gospel of Christ and in the tradition of Catholicism and under the patronage of Mary Immaculate, we commit ourselves to be a welcoming community of faith, worshipping with generations of believers and serving God in all people.
All Are Welcome! Fr. Carl E. Scherrer
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Friday afternoons at 2:15 in the gym at ICS and Friday evenings at 7 p.m. in church. You can make the Stations of the Cross, anytime on your own during regular Parish office hours. Check in at the office first so we can turn on the lights to the Stations. Station books are available or you can simply use the prayers on the stands underneath each Station. Or feel free to use the video below for reflection and prayer.
Holy Thursday, April 18 Morning Prayer at 8 a.m. The Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m.
|Good Friday, April 19 Morning Prayer at 8 a.m. Noon Ecumenical Service at St. Paul UCC: Take the symbolic walk from City Hall to St. Paul UCC on the day Jesus walked Calvary and 30-minute inter-faith service will follow at St. Paul UCC. Service of the Lord’s Passion 7 p.m.|
|Holy Saturday, April 20 Morning Prayer at 9 a.m. Vigil of the Lord’s Resurrection 7:30 p.m. (No 5 p.m. Mass Saturday Evening)||Easter Sunday, April 21 Masses at 7, 9 & 11 a.m. in Church and 10 a.m. at Integrity Nursing Home in Columbia. ** Children’s Easter Egg Hunt will be held after the 9 a.m. Mass**|
SAVE THE DATE!
Sunday, September 8, 2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Closed on major holidays & holy days
Sunday 7:00, 9:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Monday-Friday 8:05 a.m.
(Tuesday-Thursday Mass at ICS on days when school is in session)
8:15 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Holy Days
**Sacrament of Reconciliation offered every Saturday 4-4:30 p.m. or anytime by appointment.
Eucharistic Adoration: Each Tuesday after 8:05 am Mass until 10:00 pm
Rosary: Twenty minutes before each Sunday Mass during the months of May and October
Novena Prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus: Every Friday after 8:10 a.m. Mass
Stations of the Cross: Fridays of Lent at 2:15 p.m. School and 7:00 p.m Church
- Msgr. Carl E. Scherrer, Pastor
- Keith Huels, Business Manager
- Sheryl Oglesby, Parish Bookkeeper
- Angie Bueltemann, Parish Secretary
- Lizanne Young, Director of Faith Formation
- Karen Lundy, Director of Music
- Mary Beth Babcock, Director of Liturgy
- Hope Wienhoff, PSR Coordinator
- Mike Kish, Principal of Immaculate Conception School
Readings for the week of April 21, 2019
- Sunday: Acts 10:34a, 37-43 / Ps 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23  / Col 3:1-4 or 1 Cor 5:6b-8 / Jn 20:1-9 or Lk 24:1-12 or Lk 24:13-35
- Monday: Acts 2:14, 22-33 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Mt 28:8-15
- Tuesday: Acts 2:36-41 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20 and 22 [5b] / Jn 20:11-18
- Wednesday: Acts 3:1-10 / Ps 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9 [3b] / Lk 24:13-35
- Thursday: Acts 3:11-26 / Ps 8:2ab and 5, 6-7, 8-9 [2ab] / Lk 24:35-48
- Friday: Acts 4:1-12 / Ps 118: 1-2 and 4, 22-24, 25-27a  / Jn 21:1-14
- Saturday: Acts 4:13-21 / Ps 118:1 and 14-15ab, 16-18, 19-21 [21a] / Mk 16:9-15
- Next Sunday: Acts 5:12-16 / Ps 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24  / Rv 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19 / Jn 20:19-31